Puerto Rico Urban Train is the railway system to Puerto Rico. It connects the cities of San Juan, Guaynabo and Baymón. The route consists in most part of elevated sections but also has land and underground sections.
The urban train is integrated to a bus system (AMA busses).
- Known as: Tren urbano (Urban Train)
- System length: 17.2 km
- Speed: 100 km/h
- Number of lines: 1
- Number of stations: 16
- Operator: Departamento de transportación y obras públicas DTOP (Transport and Publics Works Department)
- Average Ridership: 40.000 weekly
- Start of operation: December 17, 2004
LINES AND STATIONS
It’s only 1 line with 16 stations:
Sagrado Corazón, Hato Rey, Roosevelt, Domenech, Piñero, Universidad (University), Río Piedras, Cupey, Centro Médico (Medical Center), San Francisco, Las Lomas, Martínez Nadal, Torrimar, Jardines, Deportivo, Bayamón.
It operates from 5:30am to 11:30pm.
- Single Trip: $0.75 per trip
- Day Ticket: $5.00
- 7 Days Ticket: $15.00
- Monthly Ticket: $30.00
- 3 Months Ticket: $67.50
San Juan’s urban train system has 16 stations and each station has a different architectural design and art work.